Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tips for Working from Home

Is it procrastinating to think about your workflow and routine? I get my best work done on this project when I have a few uninterrupted hours in which to focus. We're probably moving soon, and I've already identified the room in our potential house that will be my office. It has doors that I can close and so make it a dedicated workspace.

I found this article from The Simple Dollar to be an excellent way of thinking about how to carve out that time. I particularly liked the idea of not going into the space unless you're ready to dedicate time to working. I tend to be a workaholic, so when I am sitting down I am always doing something, working on something. Part of the catch now is living in a small apartment where the living room is everything. A house will have a proper dedicated room I can enter to work, and leave to do other things.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. I have this problem too. I am always doing something, it just may not be what I should be. Sometimes it's easier to just pack up a whole section of research and go somewhere I can better focus.

    ReplyDelete